We deemed this new and extremely limited Uptown boot the holy grail of our entire lineup. For those who are unfamiliar or curious why these boots are roughly $400 more than our other styles - Shell Cordovan is the Rolex of leathers. Shell comes from the inside hind legs of a horse, and it is known for its tight grain and mirror-like shine. This particular shell is from a tannery that ONLY tans horse leather - Shinki Hikaku has been tanning leather in Japan since 1951. For perspective, one shell (piece) costs upwards of $150 and it takes at least two per pair of boots, plus labor and other materials. Therefore, these are not cheap.
This style includes:
- Leather - Shinki Hikaku Whiskey Shell Cordovan
- Tongue - Horween Brown CXL
- Fully lined with Veg Tanned Cowhide (USA)
- Eyelets - 8 Small Brass Eylets
- Full leather / poron combination insole
- 360 Degree Goodyear Welt Construction
- Veg Tanned Leather Midsole
- Ithshide Studded Sole / Stacked Leather Heel
***PLEASE NOTE - this is a pre-order. Each pair will be hand-cut and made as ordered - allow up to 8 weeks for delivery.
We also highly suggest that you consult with us about sizing before ordering. Due to the nature of this leather, we will only be ordering as much as we need to make the pairs ordered. As such, all exchanges are subject to a 15% restocking fee.